[SI-LIST] IBIS

  • From: Khalid Ansari <khalida@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:42:42 -0800

Hi all,

I am faced with the challenge of creating IBIS models for
some TTL I/Os and LVDS I/Os, IBIS is something new to
me.  I have already created the HSPICE model for the
LVDS I/Os so what I will do is use the spice2ibis to
convert the HSPICE model to IBIS.   From what I have
heard in the past, there is some issue with this, what
exactly is that?

The TTL I/Os I will go ahead and create the models but
to verify the models I will need some platform to do that.
I have XTK and SpectraQuest in the company which I
haven't used.  Can the simulations be run on any of these
tools?  Sorry for my ignorance on this.

Also for connector and transmission line models I had
used 3D and 2D field solvers to extract the RLGC parameters
and create the HSPICE models.  How is this done when
using IBIS?

Once again, sorry for my ignorance with IBIS models.

Khalid

List archives are viewable at: