[SI-LIST] Re: IBIS

Thank you all for your very helpful responses.

Going a little bit deeper into the model creation I have
a question.  I am defining the pins, I need to define the
R_pin, L_pin and C_pin.  We have created package
models using a 3D field solver therefore all these
numbers are in matrix with the self and mutual numbers.
How do you go about getting one R_pin, L_pin and C_pin
number for each pin?  Do you need to define RLCs for
each pin or the pins that you are concerned about?  I
would assume each pin, because there will be significant
coupling due to pins close by.

Khalid

>Hi all,
>
>I am faced with the challenge of creating IBIS models for
>some TTL I/Os and LVDS I/Os, IBIS is something new to
>me.  I have already created the HSPICE model for the
>LVDS I/Os so what I will do is use the spice2ibis to
>convert the HSPICE model to IBIS.   From what I have
>heard in the past, there is some issue with this, what
>exactly is that?
>
>The TTL I/Os I will go ahead and create the models but
>to verify the models I will need some platform to do that.
>I have XTK and SpectraQuest in the company which I
>haven't used.  Can the simulations be run on any of these
>tools?  Sorry for my ignorance on this.
>
>Also for connector and transmission line models I had
>used 3D and 2D field solvers to extract the RLGC parameters
>and create the HSPICE models.  How is this done when
>using IBIS?
>
>Once again, sorry for my ignorance with IBIS models.
>
>Khalid

>http://www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list
>
>For help:
>
>List archives are viewable at:    =20