[SI-LIST] Re: HDMI Frequency Failing RE Test by 7dB!!!!

  • From: Alexandre Desnoyers <alex@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ah.vinod@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 12:06:53 +0200

Hi Vinod,

Your mention below that your board is powered from an external AC-DC
adapter made me think that you should also check the radiation coming
from your PDN coupling onto the power cable.  The radiation pattern that
you see when connecting/disconnecting the I/O cables may be caused by
the presence or absence of input clock+data, limiting the toggling of
your IC I/Os or internal logic.  Do you have a ferrite bead or an EMI
filter right next to your PCB DC input?  Is your decoupling done properly?

Good luck.

Alexandre Desnoyers
Electronic Design Engineer
Qtechnology A/S