[SI-LIST] Re: HDMI Frequency Failing RE Test by 7dB!!!!

  • From: vinod ah <ah.vinod@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ken Wyatt <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 21:35:45 +0530

Hi,

I have enclosure which is plastic :-(. Can i connect the shield pins
to ground plane as i don't have metal enclosure. will this help?

Also i have a query on common mode current part of the analysis. As i
mentioned earlier, the radiation level drops by 5dB when i remove the
HDMI input cable (Blu ray output), while it only drops by 2dB when i
remove HDMI out cable (TV input ). But since both the connectors are
grounded in the same way and same cable is used, why is there a
difference in radiation levels drops? Is it really common mode current
issue?

Regards
Vinod A H

List forum  is accessible at: