[SI-LIST] European time zone reprise of free webcast "Back to Basics: Measurement-Based Channel Modeling for Signal Integrity using Agilent ADS" Feb 15th 2009

  • From: <colin_warwick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 08:08:07 -0700

Hi,

For those of you in European time zones, I'll be presenting a reprise of our
free live webcast "Back to Basics: Measurement-Based Channel Modeling for
Signal Integrity using Agilent ADS". It's also a reasonable slot for US East
and Central.

Date/time:

Thursday, January 15th, 2009, 15:00 Central Europe Time, 2PM GMT, 9AM Eastern
Standard Time, 8AM Central Standard Time.

Abstract:

In this webcast, we'll demonstrate a rapid technique for "what if" analysis for
signal integrity applications.

We first automatically fit an ADS circuit model to measured data, using a Tyco
XAUI backplane as an illustrative example. Next, the circuit model is used in a
series of "what if" simulations to that show what configuration changes will
lead to the required performance. Examples include changes to the loss tangent,
the via design, and daughter card/backplane trace impedance matching, and
combinations of all three. This technique is a much faster and more thorough
approach to explore the design space than "iterating the hardware to success."

Registration:

http://tinyurl.com/si-euro

Hope to see you there!

-- Colin