[SI-LIST] Re: De-embed fixture

  • From: Long Yang <long.0.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: J_Dong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 17:16:44 +0800

I remember that Matlab only supports 2-port S-parameter. Please refer
matlab help file
S_PARAMS is a complex 2x2xM array, representing M two-port S-parameters.
    Z0 is the reference impedance, the default is 50 ohms.
    ABCD_PARAMS is a complex 2x2xM array, representing M two-port
ABCD-parameters.
 Several months ago, I used matlab for my de-embedding project using
my own Matlab codes.

Regards
Long

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 00:26,  <J_Dong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ming,
>
> Assume your measured S parameters are Sa (for all) and Sf (fixture itself),
> you can convert them to their individual ABCD matrices, say, Aa and Af. If
> your DUT has abcd of Ax, then from: Aa = A1*Ax*A1 you can solve
> Ax = A1^-1*Aa*A1^-1. After that, you can do an ABCD-to-S parameter convert.
>
> If I remember correctly, I think those functions are called s2abcd.m and
> abcd2s.m in matlab. You might need a little bit programming because the Snp
> file has frequencies in it, and I am not sure if matlab will take care of it
> automatically.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Junwei Dong

List technical documents are available at: