[SI-LIST] Re: Crosstalk between two planes

  • From: Shahbaz Assad <shahbaz_assad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aneesh.govindan@xxxxxxxxx>, <jaison.fernandez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:41:21 +0000

Hi Bela/jeson,

I am not a signal integrity expert But what I think is speed is not the
only concern but there are many other actors that depends like if you
route tehe high speed on top layer, they will e more suseptible to the
EMI. And if we wil not apply the solder mask, then they will ne all
naked and can be easily dusturbed my the emvoirnmental factors, You can
route those on outer layer but that are not strongly recommended.
because ther will be also some silkscreen that effect the impedence.
But of we do the SI analysis by taking under consideration all the
external factors then I think there will be no problem in routing on
external layer.

I agree with Jaisons stackup if but dont know what are the reference planes but
that stackup is looking much better. The layer that is sandwich between the
grounds are most suitable for high speed signals

Thanks,
Shahbaz Assad

System design Engineer - WhizzSystems, Inc.

List technical documents are available at:
                http://www.si-list.net

List archives are viewable at: