[SI-LIST] Re: Capacitor surge current

  • From: steve weir <weirsp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jrbarnes@xxxxxxxxx, fasig.jonathan@xxxxxxxx,si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:20:54 -0800

John, that's good information.  In any event, a 63V electroytic cap is far
too low a rating for a 48V supply that is nominally 52V, can run at I
believe 70V for extended times ( NEBS 72 hours as I recall ), and surge to
80V.  So applying the more current and generous Mil 198 ratings we get:

70V/80% = 90V for operating, which covers the 80V surge.  So, a 100V rating
seems the minimum reasonable value.

Regards,

Steve.

List FAQ wiki page is located at: