[SI-LIST] Re: Buffer Drive Strength

  • From: "Ingraham, Andrew" <Andrew.Ingraham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Si-List@Freelists. Org" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:45:43 -0500

Tom Dagostino wrote:

> You can get a good comparison but you will not be able to determine if
> it is a 2mA, 8mA, etc.
.
To me, that's so much the better.  I don't care for drive strength
ratings as a flat number of milliamps, it tells you nothing about the
voltage at which it was measured, whether it's typical, best-case, or
worst-case, whether it's symmetrical, etc.  If anything, it would be
better if they were rated by their output resistance.

Either way, the IBIS model, if accurate (a big "IF"), tells you how the
driver really behaves.

Andy

List archives are viewable at: