[SI-LIST] Re: Bond Wire Length

  • From: "Smith, Norm W" <NS121846@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cnepsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:15:31 -0400

Neeraj,

Here's what I know about this BGA:

MBGA means metal BGA.
Size of BGA=35mm square, 1mm pitch on balls.
There is one ground plane and one signal layer, with a power and ground
ring.
There are 588 pads, but we don't know the die size yet - trying to find out.

Thanks, Norm

---

Norm,

I want to say the wire lengths going to signal balls should be about 4.5
(+1/-2) mm. I could give you some ball-park numbers if you answer the
follwing
qustions:

1. By MBGA you mean molded BGA, right?
2. What's the body size of the BGA and the die size?

It would also help if you can give me the following information
1. Do you know if there are any power planes/and power rings?

Regards,

- Neeraj.