[SI-LIST] Re: 2D, 2.5D,3D

  • From: "Swanson, Dan" <Dan_Swanson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'xlzhou@xxxxxxxxx'" <xlzhou@xxxxxxxxx>,"'brian.young@xxxxxx'" <brian.young@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:49:55 -0500

Big snip

> Shortly 2.5D is another name of planar structures to me.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mick

Yes, and while it seemed cute at the time it does cause
confusion. One alternative classification is "3D mostly planar",
to emphasize we are solving for fields in 3D but the geometry
is planar with some vias also. But its really just about the
type of geometry you are trying to solve, not some esoteric
fractional geometry mathematics.

Dan

Dan Swanson             EMAIL:  d.swanson@xxxxxxxx
Forem USA                       PHONE:          978-834-4085
37 South Hunt Road      FAX:    978-388-7077
Amesbury, MA  01913

List archives are viewable at: