[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: the all breed ring

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:28:33 -0500

Freddie HI,
I agree with you, it is  UNREAL and absolutely marvelous that a terrier man
would put up the GV BIS.  I love it.  It just  may be that as a terrier man he
could have cared less about a German Shepherd GV, not necessarily a big deal to
him with that breed.   I'll take Barbara's word for it - if she  thinks he was
a knowledgeable dog man, I believe it, anyway it's kind of nice to give the guy
credit if we can.
Wonder if there were any other  BOB National Specialty winners there - could
be, & could be that he preferred the GS  we will never know.
Once saw a GV shown in the group, judge knew exactly who the dog was, didn't
place him.   Just grateful that a few of the all breed judges, regardless of
their original breed, (especially terrier),  do know a great one when they see
it.  Wish we had more of them.  And just so you know, I also prefer the
Specialty Ring with one of our own in the middle of the ring pointing the
finger, always will.
Hope to see you soon at one of those.
Stay warm up there ya here.
Best