[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: suggestions on how to stop pup from biting so hard

  • From: lollark@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, betsy1r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 14:23:02 +0000

My dog is very mouthy...we used the recommendations of several dog training
books.  Cry "ouch" and walk away.  Let her know she/he's hurting you. Refuse to
play with the dog when it puts teeth on skin.  It has taken time but she
doesn't play with her teeth now (well almost never at 12 months).  She is still
a "licky" dog though.  Like I said very mouthy.  Wonder what Freud would say
about dogs and their oral fixation.
Karen Lollar
-------------- Original message from Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx: --------------