[ SHOWGSD-L ] suggestions on how to stop pup from biting so hard

  • From: "Betsy Reinier" <betsy1r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 00:32:43 -0700

My son bought a cute mix dog.  She is about 12 weeks old. The problem is that
she  keeps biting and drawing blood on him and the kids (very sharp baby
teeth).  She gets real excited and plays real rough.   He wanted to know what
he can do to stop the pup from biting.  He said he tried spraying water on her
with the spray bottle, but she loves it...and tried using a rolled up newspaper
to smack her nose, but she thinks it's a game.

So I wanted to know if any of you out there has any suggestions on how to keep
the puppy from biting so hard.

Thank you in advance.

Betsy Reinier
I love all my dogs....past....present... and future.
Visit us at: jbshepherds.com