[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: need advice- finicky eater

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 13:07:44 -0800

Have had a few picky eaters over the years. Checking her out
with the vet is, of course, the right thing and the first
thing. But if there is no disease issue, then here's our
program - some of which they are already doing:
1. Do not fee feed. Anticipation and being hungry is good
for both man and dog.
2. Try different supplements in the food to find one that it
preferred by the dog. We have one that will not eat chicken,
only beef. It is genetic. He got it from me!
3. Make a Doris Estabrook cake. Doris gave us the receipt
many, many years ago -
Put a package of beef liver in a blender, add a couple of
eggs, some salt, milk and Bisquick. Blend (consistency of a
cake batter) and pour in a cake pan. Bake at 300-350 for 30
minutes or until cooked through much like any cake you make.
If you  only buy your cakes, shame on you! You will not find
this in the local bakery!
4. Sprinkle a bit of the cake over their food and stand
back!

Hope it works for you.
Dave