[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: a question to the board/membership

  • From: "bart Bartley @" <gsdchablis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pagairs@xxxxxxx, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 14:33:08 -0500 (EST)

 I also voted in favor of the motion. The D & A on a white is the same as a
Black and tan, a Black, a sable, a Blue or a Liver colored shepherd. The
purpose of this motion was NOT to allow all animals with disqualification to
compete for Parent club titles. It was to be fair those owners who wish to
support the GSDCA that happen to own pure breed white GSD. The only reason that
Whites were denied the oppertunity  to be competitive was because one almost
won the Obedience Victor or Victrix at one of the national held in Calif a
while back. Any animal with disqualifing faults other that color will still NOT
be alowed to compete for Parent club titles, As for being guardians of the
breeds, the most important factor of our breed is not color, it's BRAINS. Any
thing that promotes the porformance of the German Shepherd Dog is important.
And while blues, livers, and whites are the results of ressives genes that are
undesireable, there temperment, attitude and trainability should not be
curtailed. This is just my opinion and the reason I voted as I did.
Bart Bartley

From: Bokenkampgsd1 <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>
To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: wjbj2 <wjbj2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; dwylie237 <dwylie237@xxxxxxxxxxx>; linnloch
<LEWIEB@xxxxxxx>; pagairs <pagairs@xxxxxxx>; nancy <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
Sent: Thu, Feb 9, 2012 12:13 pm
Subject: a question to the board/membership

Regarding the motion to allow whites to received the performance victor
awards.........

Don't you feel seeing a GSD (white, floppy ears etc) with a current
disqualification according to the standard on the cover of the REVIEW perhaps
winning the highest performance award is contrary to your appointment as
guardians of the breed standard?

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds since 1972
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, lifetime member CKC
"Blessed are the cracked, for they let in the light"