[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Type divergence

  • From: Sara Minsk <ninemaplefarm@xxxxxx>
  • To: wynsum@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 11:43:03 -0500

I must, respectfully disagree! I can't see how that angulation allows a dog to
herd better! I am just not seeing it!!!

Agree with you about the german conformation ring and double handling from what
I learned.

Agree with you about the German dogs having conformation and working titles.
How many US dogs have a ScH 3 title and a Championship? Answer-One. But, a
crapload of German dogs have a ScH 3 title and a VA (like a Select dog).

However, Funny thing is..on the working dog forums the WL German dogs who are
not bred for show ring looks like the West german lines bash the west german
ScH 3 titles as being weak and state that the WG SL couldn't hold a candle to
the East German/Czech working ability!

You not what is kind of cool....in order to get a VA rating (like a Select) the
dog must show up with these things called progeny groups. they are only given a
VA if they are producing nice dogs!!

But, i am not saying their system is perfect.

I am just trying to straddle the different worlds as I learn.....

Sara