[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Truth in real dollars

  • From: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, lindabankhead@xxxxxxxxxxx, cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 11:37:27 -0400

Send in email from Robin Stansell to myself in late 2007 when I inquired about
this issue being discussed.

"Futurities are the clubâ??sresponsibility and the enforcement should therefore
be a club matter.  The results are not recorded by AKC and are a matter of the
clubâ??s jurisdiction. "

Robin Stansell

Vice President - Event Operations AKC

Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 15:56:56
o: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ubject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: handling for a judge

he 4-month rule may have only recently been added to the GSDCA judging
uidlines, but as of 01/08/2004, this rule was in effect wit
h the AKC.  The
SDCA Futurities/Maturities are AKC *sanctioned* matches.  Therefore, the
udge of an AKC sanctioned match is required to follow *AKC* rules and
uidlines in effect at the time the match took place.
Here's the AKC link where you will find the 4-month rule stated clearly and
oncisely:
ttp://www.akc.org/about/conflict/exhibitB.cfm
Look under section III. Ineligible Dogs and you will see the following:
"2.   If a judge uses an agent, the agent is not to exhibit dogs under the
udge for at least four months after working for you. This policy applies
or breed competition, but it is recommended to avoid at all levels
Policy - Guidelines)."

f my post is incorrect, please let met know.

aulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
ellborn-Allemande German Shepherds
ui Me Amat, Am
t et Canem Meam