[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Showing in Junior Showman

  • From: MissJrHandlerGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: judsohngsd@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:45:00 EDT

There is a very good reason for that ruling.....It is to have the junior
that is showing the dog, train, show, groom, feed etc that dog....It is very
unfair for a junior to be able to take a dog into the ring for junior
showmanship after the dog has been shown and trained by a professional
handler....that type of dog hardly needs a handler on him(or her).....and
that type of dog can make almost any handler look very good

what about the kids who cant afford to have a dog and then get  one that
doesn't show as well as you would hope like all the other juniors push  button
dogs? I can't show a shepherd in jrs like how Patty said. I love my corgi  and
she loves me, but she's not flashy. Watch the juniors ring and look at those
dogs. thats why I didn't do anything in juniors yesterday. I did an awesome dog

and ginger did everything I would have hope for her to do she looked happy
and  had a good time. We didn't do anything because (quote from the judge) my
dog  didn't stand out to her. I would love to show a shepherd in jrs, but my
house is just too small and we can't afford to have another dog. So I'm stuck,
thats why I don't go to as many specialties as I would like.

<3 Melissa Chavez <3
(AKA Miss Jr. Handler)