[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Showing in Junior Showman

  • From: PlushPuppyOhio <plushpuppyohio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wynsum@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

In my opinion... showing for someone else is handling.  I handled many times
without fees or payment of any kind long before I would have ever considered
myself a "professional".  To me there is a difference.  Professionals are paid
for services they are "experts" at.

Jeff and I for one have friends with children who love the dogs.  They put on
mock shows at our house... go to training class with us.... etc.   I just wish
there was a way that we could get them involved.   I know they could show in
the regular classes.... but thats not the same.  Its not going to get them
involved with other juniors, its not going to give them the same learning
experience and evaluation.  The fact that we can't get them involved without
signing them onto our dogs, its weird to me.  We need new blood in the sport...
but whats the cost?

Are there other venues Im not aware of... besides entering them in regular
shows with dogs?

 Sean

DOC <wynsum@xxxxxxx> wrote:All this information is on the AKC site. I beleive
that you must own or your parents
must own the dog. Why? Showing for someone else is profesional handling
whether you are paid or not

PlushPuppyOhio typed about [ SHOWGSD-L ] Showing in Junior Showman on 15
Aug 2005, at 8:38:

Does a Junior have to own/co-own the dog, in order to show in Junior
Showmanship?

If so, can someone fill me in on the reasoning/thoughts behind it? I was never
involved in juniors, so I don't have any clue how it works.

THANKS!
Sean

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original

Dr Zoë M Backman
http://wynsumgsd.com
Support Your Vets and POW/MIAs