[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Regional Challenge Addition Maybe?

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx, klite3gsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, LEWIEB@xxxxxxx, CherlynGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 23:20:14 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/2005 10:52:11 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
WyMarGSD2@xxxxxxx writes:
I dont  know... it doesnt sit real fair to me for the clubs who are working
hard  at making a difference and competing honestly against each other, to
invite
"independants" to their club just for their "points" towards the
Challenge...i mean if these "independants" are going to work your shows  and
committ to the
club in some way.. sure no problem.   but i  personally wouldnt feel right
accepting points from a person who wasnt a  part of our club...  if we all
worked
as hard as we could and didnt  win but we built friendships and respect for
one
another... we tried and  we did our best...oh well better luck next year,
but
if we won  because we got members from , OH, MD, PA etc... because they had
nowhere  else to go... i personally wouldnt even be proud of that, wouldnt
even
want the win.

Dawnmarie

Very well put.  It's one thing to have an associate member, oh  maybe in a
100 mile radius.  I understand that there are areas where it may  be hard to
find a regional club to call "home".  But IMO, soliciting  "associate members"
for the purpose of counting points from someone who has  no interaction w/ a
particular regional club would be the death of the  Regional Challenge.

JMHO

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_