[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Missing Teeth

  • From: WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx, CARALAND@xxxxxxx, MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 18:41:37 EST

In a message dated 12/6/05 5:17:49 PM, fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Isn't Jackie talking about a dog who has LOST a tooth -- decay, accident,
broken tooth -- as opposed to the dog that has a missing tooth from the get
go? At least that's the way I understood her original post.

Fran

That's how I understood it too....the part of the question that threw me was
proof that the tooth HAD been there - you can't exactly hand dental x-rays to
a judge if the tooth is entirely gone.

I once saw a rescued boxer who had NO teeth - he'd been used as bait for
dogfights, and his former owner had the teeth filed down so as not to risk the
boxer biting his precious fighters.  There were however very visible stumps to
show that the dog did in fact have a full mouth of teeth at one time.   Without
teeth, his poor face was terribly misshapen.  But he never seemed to notice,
and ate just fine like any other dog.  He played pretty well with other dogs
(this was a dog day care center).

So back to Jackie's question -- what KIND of proof?

Kelly Busse
Wolfheart