[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: John DeHope

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 08:30:23 EDT

In a message dated 8/27/2005 11:53:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
He loved  a
good debate..and of course I was more than willing to provide him with  one!
Finally,. I asked him to tell me stories about Reno..which I knew he  would
enjoy. As we got ready to end our conversation., I asked   "John...how did
you do it..when you lost Reno..how did you get over  it.."..as I was still
having a hard time getting over the loss of Bull...he  said
simply.."Kid...I'll tell you.. you don't...you never get over it.."  and he
started to cry..and then we cried together...and somehow just  talking with
John that Christmas evening seemed to make things  better.

I'm glad I'm not the only one he "debated".  He'd be upset about a
particular trend, call, make me get a particular copy of the Review, prove his
points
in pictures and almost (!!!) be looking for an argument.  I would  pray for it
to be time for his evening ice cream, lol:)    It  must have sounded worse on
his end once because Margo made him call back and  apologize.  When things
went well with the dogs, John seemed to take it for  granted, but when I'd hit
bump on the road, he'd be right there.

It will be very easy for me to look at something and say "What would John
think?"  I won't have to listen too hard to hear his decisive,  crystal clear
reply, his passion for the breed he loved and the club that  protects it always
in the forefront.  God speed John.

Kathy
three generations of Dual Titled Champions  live here!

visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_