[ SHOWGSD-L ] AKC Rep, etc

  • From: "Becky T. Dickson" <gretchanya@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 10:30:04 -0500

 Kathaleen wrote:

4) If you plan on showing at All Breed shows and
your dog "needs" doubling -- teach him/her 3 different INNOCOUS sounds to
accomplish it with -- and teach them to bait if they will.

While I can't argue with the rest of your post, I think I should clarify what
exhibitors endured in Fitchburg. I was not at the morning show, which
apparently started the commotion with this Rep. But I was at the following
three shows. The second day, I was yelled at for walking to another side of the
ring. She thought I was doubling. I didn't even walk fast - and I didn't have a
dog in the ring at the time.
The third show, I walked by her and she heard the bell tink in my pocket. Then
I got thrown out.
None of that behavior was obnoxious, loud or disrespectful. But it seems to me
that after whatever happened at the show I was not at, she was on a mission.

Becky T. Dickson
www.GretchAnya.com
www.GSDbyDesign.com
www.georgeberstler.com