[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: AKC <> Grand Champion Title

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>, <elg440@xxxxxxx>, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 16:08:26 +0000

Only AKC champions of record may earn Grand Ch. points.

Points are NOT to be awarded to every Ch. winning BOB or BOS....

only those Ch. that are above average are to be considered.

As one of our judges put it..."my expectation is that the dog or

bitch I award Gr. Ch. points to can go on and place in the Group

most of the time, take Group one frequently and win a BIS now

and then".

Gr. Ch. points do not need to be awarded at every show nor

should they be.  But there will be occasions like Specialties in

which there are more than one quality animal....as in any shows

which allow the awarding of AOM's. AOE's, Selects, Premiers, etc.

In that case, two entries other than the BOB and BOS may be awarded

Gr. Ch. points.

It's not hard to figure out.  Just do not award the points unless the

entry is exceptional.

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com