[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ADMIN: Apology to The List

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: ninemaplefarm@xxxxxx, TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 17:53:47 -0500 (EST)

Oh, I dont think you are a liar, but you need to surround yourself with
more positive people!!  LOL

I have experienced a bit of what you have in the past.  I'll never  forget
sitting with a group of judges at Group time, and they were criticizing  the
HELL out of the GSD breed dog.  A couple of them turned to me and said  :
""dear Lord, did you put THAT up?!?!"" Oh no, I didn't, I didn't even place
that dog the day before when I judged the breed.  They ripped, and I mean
ripped, on the judge of that day, what were you thinking, and it went
downhill  from there.   A few shows later some of these same judges were
admiring
the little bitch that went Breed from the classes and placed in the  group.
One week all GSDs were crap, a couple of weeks later they were  ok.

Sometimes _ _ it happens....<G>

Keep asking questions.  I've enjoyed the discussion.

* Ileana  *
Inquest GSD's, Home of :
BISS 3x Sel EX AM CH & 2x Sel CAN CH  Karizma's Cacique of Inquest TC, aka
DEXTER
Kaleef's Expensive Date (major  pointed) aka JACKIE
and the Poodle Patrol, Bunny, Huckleberry and Doc  Holliday

In a message dated 12/7/2011 5:38:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ninemaplefarm@xxxxxx writes:

Ok. I  guess I am a liar then. *sigh*  Even though I am telling the truth
that  not one person has ever had nice things to say. How about this...you
come walk  a show with me and ask your fellow exhibitors. Or, better yet do
your own  "experiment" and the next show you go to go around and ask people
(and not the  people you set up next too) what they think of the GSD and
report back.
On  a side note, most non-showdog people (the kind who go to expos) like
the GSD.  It's the dog people(who show in conformation and performance) that
are the  ones who have a different opinion.

Anything else we should add to the  my list...."liar, smug, etc".

I think I need to take a break from the  list tonight.  I have to tend to
my family and go hay the  horses.

Sara
On Dec 7, 2011, at 5:24 PM, TISHW@xxxxxxx  wrote:

> This is hard to believe.  We just had an AKC Meet the  Breeds in NY and
the GSD was the most popular.  Our booth was crowded all  the time with
people petting the dogs, getting their pictures taken, looking  at the
information.  The German Shepherd Dog always ranks as number two  or three in
AKC's
registrations.  And I find it hard to believe that  breeders of other breeds
are going around stating how disgusted they are by  the GSD.  I've attended a
lot of shows over the years and I don't think  I've ever had anyone
approach me in that manner.

>  Tish
>
> In a message dated 12/7/2011 7:52:26 A.M. Eastern  Standard Time,
ninemaplefarm@xxxxxx writes:
> Every show I go to, EVERY  single exhibitor I talk to is disgusted by the
GSD. EVERY single one of them  regardless of what breed they have. It's
hard for me to listen too but I have  a hard time defending the showring dog.
It's not normal for dogs to walk  like that. I don't remember the GSD I
loved as a kid walking like that. It's  disgusting.