[sac-forum] Re: MEADE ETX-LS 6" ACF

  • From: Steve D. <fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAC Forum <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 11:38:01 -0700

"Meade bashing"?  Looks like an objective, non-hostile and honest review.  If
the device doesn't work after 8 or 9 tries, it doesn't work.  Sending it back
and working with customer "support", and it still doesn't work looks like a
waste of $1500 to me.

I have seen this same telescope in action, and it's marginal at best, hobby
discouraging at worst.  A $1500 "department store telescope".  No bashing
intended, just fact.

Steve Dodder
Chairman, SAC Novice Group
Coordinator, Grand Canyon Star Party, North Rim
Director, Stone Haven Observatory

fester00@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.stargazing.net/Astroman