[sac-forum] Re: MEADE ETX-LS 6" ACF

  • From: "Ken Sikes" <KenGSikes@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 11:11:54 -0700

Last year at the AASP there were two Meade reps demonstrating the newest Meade telescopes,and even they admitted that Meade has lost some in the quality control department. I am not necessarily bashing Meade, as I have many Meade products the most recent a Meade 16" Lightbridge purchased last May. My ETX-125 PE (made in China) never has worked the way it is supposed to electronically, even after a trip back to Meade for repairs. The optics themselves are top notch. The Lightbridge is made in Taiwan and the few times I have been able to use it (due to weather) it has shown me great views.

Did you read the review Mike wrote ? ......and by the way this is the third telescope he has had to return to Meade, one of the twice.

Ken Sikes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Gorodenski" <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>