[sac-board] Re: SAC Luncheon @ GCSP

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 14:33:25 -0700

I spoke with Dave F. extensively and exhaustively last night at Denny's
after the Public Star Party (which was a roaring success) and well the
subject never came up, but we had a good time anyway. So I guess I'm
volunteering as coordinator. I have gotten a return acknowledgement from
Dean Ketelsen who says it's still doable and if we have people there the
whole week we also have a campsite. I'll be there the whole week. I think
the Dodders however will be at North Rim this year. I don't know who else is
going from SAC except Jennifer and the kids. Did anyone put out a signup
sheet at the meeting? Dean says his preference is Sunday the 9th of June for
the luncheon so if we want it we got it. Whoever shows up will presumably
help us on it. Mail me the check and what we don't use comes back. I'm going
to limit it so there is no extra out-of pocket that later has to be made up
by the club.

Jack Jones
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Lunar List Awards and
Messier Marathon Coordinator
Phoenix AZ
spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Sun, 19 May 2002 01:32:30 EDT, SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I would reason that since the membership has already approved the budget,
> then they have defacto approvced the luncheon.

I agree.  So I have to wait for Dave's approval of Jack's volunteering.