[sac-board] Re: Constitution Changes

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 23:39:56 -0700

On Wed, 15 May 2002 18:13:14 -0700, Paul Dickson wrote:

> Article III
>
> [...] The following issues of the organization shall be by consent of a
> majority of the voting members:
>
> Currently:
>
>    A. Acquiring or disposing of right, title, or interest in real property
>       with a valuation in excess of $100.00;
>
> Changes to:
>
>    A. Spending more than $200, except in unforseen circumstances with
>       majority approval by the board.

With the disapproval of the above Friday night, the following two change
are going to be put before the club in June (assuming I can get 5 people
to sign before that meeting starts):

Currently:

Article III  Business Activities of the Organization

[...] The following issues of the organization shall be by consent of a
majority of the voting members:

   A. Acquiring or disposing of right, title, or interest in real property
      with a valuation in excess of $100.00;

   B. Incurring financial obligations in excess of the organization's
      capacity to pay given the current dues or yearly revenues;

   C. Amending, adopting or repealing the Articles of the Constitution
      and the Bylaws;

   D. Dissolution of the organization when such action is taken and
      after paying or adequately providing for the debts and
      obligations of the organization, the remaining assets shall be
      distributed to a nonprofit fund, foundation or corporation that
      is organized exclusively for educational and/or scientific
      purposes and which has established its tax-exempt status.

Adding:

   E. Spending more than $200.

and:

Currently:

Article VIII  Moneys and Properties

   A. Moneys and Properties

      1. All moneys will be kept in an account accessible by only two
        (2) signees:

         a) The President and

         b) Treasurer

      2. The Treasurer shall be responsible for keeping these moneys
         in an account and shall make periodic reports of account
         balances.

      3. All moneys will be used in accordance with Article II.

Adding:

      4. In the event of unforeseen or emergency circumstances, in
         support of previously approved activities, the board may
         approve spending up to a maximum total of $500, with
         notification of the membership at the next club meeting.

These are available as (although I'll be collecting the signatures on one
form prior to the June meeting):

http://www.cybertrails.com/~dickson/letter.20020518.constitution-changes.1.pdf

http://www.cybertrails.com/~dickson/letter.20020518.constitution-changes.2.pdf

The full, newly approved constitution is in another file in the same
directory.