[sac-board] Re: Dues

  • From: "Bob Erdmann at ngcic.org" <bobe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sac-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:41:41 -0700

All,

I was a member up until about 1989 - That's 13 years ago. If you really
believe that I'll pay 13 X $24 ($312) just to get back into the club, then
you'll be interested to know that I own a bridge up in Brooklyn, New York
that's been in the family for years, and it's for sale at a real bargain
price.  Just give me a call and we'll discuss the price and the terms.  :-)

For $312 I'll start my own club!.....or go join EVAC for a WHOLE LOT LESS!
:-)

The time period in question should be for no more than a year, and you
should ask the question: "Did the member who was delinquent in their dues
payment actually receive anything of value from the club during the time
period that they weren't a member?".  Example: If they were out of the
country on a work assignment for six months and didn't receive the news
letter, or attend meetings, then its tough to argue that they should pay all
back dues since nothing of value was received from the club for that six
month period.  On the other hand, if it was a member who attended the
meetings and received the news letter during that six month period, then
they did indeed receive value from the club and should pay back dues for
that six months.

Just my $0.02 worth......

/Bob

 Paul

      I don't see where " pay all back dues" is vague.  If you want to be a
 renewing member you pay all dues back to the time you membership ran out,
 other wise you start as a new member.
                             Joe