[rsc] RSC conference call notes 7-11-08

  • From: "Sheila Kerrigan" <kerrigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rsc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 17:50:19 -0400

RSC conference call notes are pasted below and attached.

Best,

Sheila Kerrigan

kerrigan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2310 Stansbury Rd

Chapel Hill NC 27516

919-929-1624

Check out my book, The Performer's Guide to the Collaborative Process:

www.collaborativecreativity.com

www.heinemanndrama.com/products/E00311.aspx

ROOTS RSC phone conference call notes Friday, July 11, 2008, 4:30 PM

Present: Carolyn Morris, Stephen Clapp, Eleanor Brownfield, Carol Marie
Webster, Laura Schandelmeier, Sheila Kerrigan

Notes by: Sheila Kerrigan

The discussion was about

*       planning the RSC retreat on Monday, August 4, from 1:00 to 6:00 PM,
*       discussing our role supporting the XComm during their meeting from
7:00 to 10:00 PM on Monday night,
*       plan RSC's role during the Annual Meeting
*       think about 08-09 activities for RSC

We agreed that the plan for Monday, Aug. 4 from 1:00 to 6:00 is:

First: To evaluate the learning exchanges - what were the benefits to the
communities? What were the benefits to ROOTS? What have we learned from
them?

Sheila, Laura, Eleanor, and Carol Marie will work on how to conduct the
evaluation session.

Second: To move from evaluation of learning exchanges to creating a plan for
08-09, or how do we want to take what we learned forward into 08-09?

We are seeking an RSC person to lead this part-Kathie DeNobriga's name came
up, but if you want to volunteer, send an email to the RSC list. Carolyn
Morris wants to assist.

Part of this discussion should include Carolyn's proposal to put out a call
to 18-35 year-old people who want to become better cultural organizers to
become part of RSC's younger leadership. Carolyn proposed conducting a fall
webinar (a seminar that happens at a website that can include document
sharing, online chat forum, video), a winter RSC retreat, a spring retreat,
and summer Gatherings or community learning exchanges at which the new
younger leaders would be shadowing the RSC people who shadowed at this
year's learning exchanges.

Third, facilitate, for XCom members who are vague about what RSC is and
does, a learning exchange that would be a sample or example of what RSC is
all about.

Stephen Clapp will lead this part, and he is seeking another or others to
work with him on this.

Carol Marie suggested that we hold this at the beginning of the afternoon so
that we can debrief or evaluate it when we evaluate the learning exchanges.
We didn't actually decide about that.

On Monday night, from 7:00 to 10:00, RSC will attend the XCom meeting to see
how we can assist with the needs of the Annual Meeting.

On Tuesday morning between 9:00 and 12:00, RSC will meet to plan our actions
at the AM. We may want to hold an Open Space to invite younger cultural
organizers to think about getting involved in RSC work. Earlier discussions
have included having RSC members available for facilitation of discussions
as needed, for training others in facilitation skills

Stephen Clapp and Eleanor said the new website is beautiful.

Nuff said.

JPEG image