[rollei_list] Re: (mOT) - Printing square from bureau - and metric issues

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:20:47 -0500

thing that I'm curious about is whether the paper sizes used are actually imperial and the quoted cm figure is a round up?

I would think these start out in metric, being mostly made in asia, and I'd venture a guess that Kodak produces in metric as well. When I get 4x6 inch prints from Walmart on Fuji paper, they measure a bit under 6, and bit over 4. Closer to 10.25x15.5 cm, than any nominal imperial measure.

I wouldn't count on accuracy from anything that rolls out of a digital minilab though. Nominal dimensions (as well as nominal everything else) is the best they can do. It's still pretty good.

E.