[rollei_list] Re: (mOT) - Printing square from bureau - and metric issues

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:11:06 -0500

As I understand it, the paper is on a roll, so the width is set, and can be cut at any length (by the machine - all auto).

I seriously doubt there's a guillotine involved.

E.

On Jan 17, 2007, at 4:52 AM, chatanooga@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Folks
I have a few square (of course!) prints I'd like to get from a Frontier/ Noritsu type shop (ie no frills but pretty good quality). I'm based in Holland for a few months and there seems to be a small selection of square print sizes available in the region of 20-25cm? Or is it the case that this aspect ration is printed on the next 3:2 size up and then guillotined? Of course I can ask but in the nature of these bureaus this knowledge mightnt always be available. Another thing that I'm curious about is whether the paper sizes used are actually imperial and the quoted cm figure is a round up? This might be relevant to avoid excessive re-scaling by the printshop, etc.
regards
Chat

(mOT) - mildly off topic