[rollei_list] Re: looks like it is the end for agfa

  • From: "Ruben" <ruben@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 10:38:21 +0200

Dirk

The Scala is a "one of a kind" .

When you look at a Scala BW slide it is "radient" - very special.

The Scala is till available and a few labs world wide stil process Scala.

The price is probably betwen 1,5 - 2 times more expensive than tradtional BW
film but it is worth every penny if the assignment is important or if you
work with photography on an artistical serious level especially when your
darkroom is digital.

Right scanned Scala off-prints better than scanned negatives and far better
than bw paper pictures.

My experience with Scala goes about 6 years back both as a user and as a
publisher of fine art books

If you are going to do a wedding i would suggest that you try the scala in
and out door at 200,400, 800 and 1600 iso and compare it to your fav. BW
film before - The more you pusch a scala the more contrasty i gets but it
does not explode into large grains.

Iso 100 would only be used under midday sun i Greece shooting a White
chappel :-)

good luck

Ruben