[rollei_list] Re: looks like it is the end for agfa

  • From: Marc James Small <msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 00:35:45 -0400

At 07:00 PM 5/28/05 -0700, Jerry Lehrer wrote:

>That is my feeling exactly.  I will NOT forget my experience with
>that film.
>
>Another nail in AGFA's coffin.

Jerry

What wsa told to you was that the processing of the film produced decent
negatives in all probability;  if it did not do so, this is the fault of
the lab.  However, modern printing machines have preset options, which are
called, for reasons escaping logic and reason, "channels".  You simply have
to find a lab which has a machine set to accept Agfa film properly, and
Bob's your uncle.  Given the sort of slackwit who now is entrusted with
such machinery, it is no wonder that you received a batch of horrid prints
from a decent set of negatives.

Of course, you ought to have objected at the moment you saw the prints but
you seem to have blamed the film instead of understanding the true
situation. =20

Now that we have explained this to you, I trust that you will have the
negatives properly reprinted and that your faith in Agfa films will be
restored.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20
Cha robh b=E0s fir gun ghr=E0s fir!