[rollei_list] Re: <for sale> 11/20/09 (including pictures)

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:21:38 -0800

Thor,

Check eBay completed sale listings and you'll see that these prices are below what this equipment typically sells for, plus, mine is all pristine and includes all of the original packaging. The 35/1.4-M has already sold at $2100. So for those folks that want Leica M, this is a bargain.

:-)

Jim

On Nov 20, 2009, at 8:09 AM, Thor Legvold wrote:

That aside, do people actually pay these prices?!? Seems pretty far out to me (Leica prices in general, not your asking prices specifically). Or are these simply status symbols for well heeled collectors (a la the 'anniversary' Rollei TLR limited production runs)? There appears to me to be a disconnect between the quality and the price. Great gear - absolutely. 2x-5x greater than anything else? Hardly....

Back to my trusty Contax IIa and Nikon FM3a...

A good weekend to all!

Thor