[rollei_list] Re: Scanners

  • From: eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: rollei list <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:27:50 +0000 (UTC)

Epson V700 - a very versatile flat bed does a great job with MF and MinF film.
It really shines with 4x5s. I can see its failings when I start to want a lot
of detail out of high res scans of 35mm slides. So I have to admit that I
bought it because the dedicated film scanner like the Nikon 9000 is out of the
budget for an amateur like me. If you really want to get the most of your
negative scans get a dedicated film scanner. Otherwise it almost doesn't matter
which brand of flat bed you get. For 80x10 prints they all do a good job. You
pretty much get what you pay for in terms of speed and accessories.

Elias