[rollei_list] Re: Something about last week

  • From: Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 23:38:43 -0500

On Jan 31, 2006, at 7:11 PM, Carlos Manuel Freaza wrote:

The last one is about a worker:
http://www.rollei-gallery.net/itar/image-91406.html

"The woodcutter prefers to use the ax to cut firewood for the kitchen;the saw -motor- is used for bigger tasks.-"

He prefers to use the ax because it's much faster than using a saw, and you don't lose any wood making sawdust, which is a mess. When I was a kid we always heated our house with a wood stove, and I spent many chilly Autumn afternoons splitting wood. Assuming your ax is sharp, and the wood is not too hard, it's not actually all that difficult, and great exercise to boot. We always used what we called a "maul," which was basically a two-pound hammer fashioned into an ax. The extra weight made it easier to split the wood in one stroke. Unfortunately, even though our house has two fireplaces, my wife and I are both allergic to wood smoke!

BTW, Carlos, the quality of these scans is much higher than some of your older web photos. Watch out for the black and white points, though. In the photo of Norita in the hammock, her hair comes across as solid black. Look at the negative and see if there is any detail in the hair.

Best regards,
Aaron