[rollei_list] Re: Something about last week

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 22:38:23 +0000 (GMT)

Don, I remember that panorama, it was about your
garden and the office in your house. Really you
obtained a surprising good result considering it was
taken handheld; however I could notice clearly the way
the software worked creating and projecting shadows to
join the frames producing an unnatural effect; the
point is that using a tripod and respecting the right
rotation axis for the camera-lens combo you could
obtain a  natural result even without a dedicated
software that always tend to "invent" something, but
if you prefer to use the pano softaware, the tripod
and the right roataion axis help very much for the
software task.-

All the best
Carlos
 --- Don Williams <dwilli10@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> At 12:50 PM 2/1/2006 +0000, you wrote:
> >Perhaps Don, however PS can't solve using a
> >satisfactory way the problem about the right
> >camera-lens rotation axis and the right level for
> the
> >frames; For the situation you described PS( the
> last
> >two version only) and the dedicated pano software
> >solve the problems to stich the frames lossing a
> lot
> >of image area and creating shadows, objects
> >projections and perspective distortions doing that
> the
> >pano looks very unnatural and awful according my
> >taste.-
> >
> >All the best
> >Carlos
>
> I think I posted that panorama on the gallery some
> time back. I can
> re-post it, just temporarily, if you want to see
> what can be done
> hand-held.  I don't think I scrapped it yet.
>
> DAW
>

> Don Williams
> La Jolla, CA

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam