[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex photo among the best- 2010

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 01:08:02 -0500

> Proponents of critical analysis within the visual arts have commented on the
> difference between the square and the rectangle. The square objectifies it
> is argued, whereas the rectangle provides more of a context.
> Marvin.

I like most my friends have been shooting full frame black border squares
for decades. The idea that its best to crop them to a rectangle went out in
the early 60's late 50's.

http://rabinergroup.com/ImagePages/Biteme.html
http://rabinergroup.com/ScooterPages/TomCramer.html
http://rabinergroup.com/ImagePages/CameraworkRudy.html