[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 35 SL lenses QBM IV (3-Pin)

  • From: James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:36:38 -0700

 On 08/10/10 04:33, John Wild wrote:
James,

Belatedly responding to your query; from memory (I do not have any of my
3000 lenses in front of me), the QBM IV lenses have a groove around the
circumference of the mount. The groove depth gives the maximum lens aperture
information to the camera metering system.
John:

I think that I now understand this enough so that if I had a lens in hand and armed with a caliper that I could tell a QBM III from a QBM IV.

Still looking at pictures and trying to figure out what to look for in a photo. That attached photo shows the outer retaining ring on the rear of a Planar 50/1.8. Is that small step in the retaining ring what I should be looking for?

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch