[rollei_list] Re: Rolleiflex 35 SL lenses QBM IV (3-Pin)

  • From: John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:48:07 +0100

James,

Your lens must be a QBM III (as it has the rubber rings), which will still have
the two pins. One for stop down, one for relaying the set aperture information
to the camera. QBM IV has the additional groove. It would have been made for
the SL35M, SL35ME or SL35E.

Obviously the 0.5mm depth is not enough to trigger the QBM IV 'factor'. If it
does unscrew... Now, having started to type this, I thought I would go and have
another look... On another lens I have just looked at, the ring unscrewed
easily - not so easy to get it out without tipping upside down! Underneath
there is the ring which holds the aperture transfer pin with a small spring - I
did not remove this. On initial reassembly, the aperture ring would not turn
so, on subsequent removal, I took out the lower ring and I saw that there is a
locating pin on this ring, which must sit in a hole in the aperture ring, this
being held with locked screws - all now works fine. So, actually with a bit of
care, no problems in removing it. The outer ring could be removed and
half-a-mil machined off the top outer face to let the camera pin sit deeper.
Spanner lots could be cut at the same time... I can send photos or a sketch
with measurements if you are interested.

John