[rollei_list] Re: Rollei Retro Film

  • From: Carlos Manuel Freaza <cmfreaza@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:38:10 -0300 (ART)

--- ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

> >  The fact that this film has the problem
> > suggests the manufacturer is not at all up to
> current
> > standards of technology.
>
> Hence the Retro in the name?
> Thanks Richard

Rollei Retro 100 and Rollei Retro 400 received this
name to distinguish them regarding the Rollei R3 film
with similar nominal ISO and multilayer technology,
the name "Retro" also indicates these films are
similar regarding older emulsions and in fact they
seem to be Agfa APX 100 and Agfa APX 400 last batch
that Maco bought to sell like Rollei Retro. Films
technical data sheet comfirms it since both Retro and
both APX have identical spectral sensitivity and other
identical parameters, I have seen the Retro info in
the Web and I have a PDF document with the Agfa films
technical info.
The big difference is the curly film issue, after to
develop a lot of APX 100 and 400 I can say these films
were among the bests to avoid the curl problem;
according some comments, the retro-100 and retro-400
films were cut and spooled by Maco from APX master
rolls intended for 35mm film production, rather than
roll-film production, facts are that several Rollei
Retro film users report the curly film as repeated
problem, this was not an issue with the APX.
Beyond the curly film, you are obtaining very good
results as you could expect from the combo
APX-Rodinal.

All the best
Carlos

      Tarjeta de crédito Yahoo! de Banco Supervielle.
Solicitá tu nueva Tarjeta de crédito. De tu PC directo a tu casa.
www.tuprimeratarjeta.com.ar