[rollei_list] Rollei 35 meter battery

  • From: "Dan Kalish" <kaliushkin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 11:02:39 -0700

Subject: [rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 meter battery
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 16:52:32 +0100
From: "John Wild" <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks Carlos,

John=20

-----Original Message-----
From: rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx =
[mailto:rollei_list-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carlos Manuel =
Freaza
Sent: 25 September 2006 15:15
To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

=20
John, Rollei 35 TE and SE have power-on switch while release button =
moves, switch off automatically after 10s.

All the best
Carlos=20

 --- John Wild <JWild@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
escribi=F3:

>.... From memory, the meter in the TE & SE is using  corrent all the=20
>time the  meter is exposed to light(as is with the 35,35T &  35S). The=20
>difference  with the 'ugly' ones is that the metering powers  LEDs=20
>(early ones at
> that) which eat batteries when the meter is exposed  to light whereas  =

>with the 'pretty' ones, the battery only had to  swing a needle. Users  =

>were critical of this point and I believe that this  is why Rollei used =
=20
>the early system (battery inside camera and swing  needle meter) when =20
>they re-intriduced the 35 Classic....

When to meters require batteries and when don't they?  I've inherited an
Olympus Pen EE and it has automatic exposure, but no battery!  How does that
work?

Dan