[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 meter battery

  • From: Peter J Nebergall <iusar4s@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 22:59:47 -0500

is the camera battery-dependent, or is it like an old Contax III or Canon
7, meter ignorable if it packs in?  I have been offered a Triotar-fronted
Rollei 35, and I'm wondering...

Peter nebergall

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 13:01:21 -0700 "Roland Smith" <roland.dnai@xxxxxxx>
writes:
I can?t vouch for the life of alkaline/manganese batteries.  I have
mercury batteries in all my Rollei 35s and have never had a battery run
down.  I always keep my Rollei 35s in the zippered leather case, zipped
up, except for the brief moments in use.

It is possible that when the lens is collapsed, the meter may not be on.
 I do not know about the collapsed lens turning off the meter.

Roland Smith
Oakland, California