[rollei_list] Re: Rollei 35 meter battery

  • From: "Roger Wiser" <rwiser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 08:05:39 -0500

MessageHi Jeff. Some time ago I bought some mercury cells from China and unlike
the original cells they had a no basic  voltage of 1.5V instead of 1.35v. The
vender suggested that I short the cell briefly to bring the voltage down !! ??
Again, you can consider hearing aid batteries although the zinc air dissapates
after a time. never the less they  retain  the origianl  voltage better over
its life span and is reasonable like about $1, or less, each when bought in
packs.

I note in eBay the good 35's bring fair prices.

Roger