[rollei_list] Re: Quiet, Please! - LPM Image Resolution

  • From: Mark Rabiner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 00:47:41 -0400

> 99.9% of commercial photography is LOW RES with low technical
> requirements... that is why digital could flourish while still in it's
> infancy...
>
> Eric Goldstein

Yes but if its a high end magazine or catalog catalog its still digital.
And digital work dominates the walls of galleries.
Josef Koudelka black and whites was the last show I saw.
Printed digitally with inkjet.

You want to shoot and print film and darkroom fine but I'd just erase that
smug look of superiority as it ain't necessary so.
Much of the great photography is being done by the great photographers.
And these people have integrity. They are not sell outs.

Mark William Rabiner