[rollei_list] Re: OT: Electronic Connectivity

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 18:48:03 -0400

In many ways its a much smaller world, and that is a "good thing". However in
another sense we suffer from a balkanization of our social spaces, as people
are more likely to team up with small groups of like minded individuals from
all over the world rather than form the bonds of community and partake in the
communality of values which societies require to survive.
Two examples of this: the current Tea Party movement in the USA, and the
ability of a pathfinder driver to identify more closely with a community with
links in Afghanistan, than with the community in Bridgeport, where he lived.
All the best
Laurence Cuffe

On Wednesday, May 05, 2010, at 06:30PM, "Edward Meyers" <aghalidebw@xxxxxxxxx>