[rollei_list] Re: OT: Electronic Connectivity

  • From: Marc James Small <marcsmall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rollei_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 16:04:32 -0400

At 03:33 PM 5/6/2010, Allen Zak wrote:

>Could you provide a URL, please?  I can't seem to find the video clip.
>Anthropogenic and monotheist in the same sentence?  Kewel.

I was wrong on the year. It was in 1999 in a CNN Interview. The actual words Algore used were, "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." There is a Wikipedia entry on Algore and Information Technology which discusses the interview and the efforts by Left-Wing Loonies to claim Gore did not say what he said. It might well have been a slip of the tongue on Algore's part but, if so, it is a sign of his lack of character that he did not immediately acknowledge his over-reaching blunder. A copy of the transcript of the entire interview is available, I understand, on the CNN Website.

I do not watch video clips on the Internet but the entire interview seems to be out there, on YouTube or the like. In any event, the actual words and the transcript ought to suffice.

The entire controversy over climate change has been dramatically degraded by the claims of Algore that we are experiencing "anthropogenic" (man-caused) global warming, generally abbreviated as AGW. No one with a moiety of their marbles today can deny the truth of climate change but, again, no one with a moiety of their marbles any longer accepts that we are enduring a human-caused global warming trend. This is not to say that mankind has not had an impact on the environment. But the Earth seems to be going through a perfectly natural period of slight global warming and would be doing so even had Homo Sap never evolved. Note that Mars is also enduring global warming and I doubt if the presence of the non-emitting Mars Rovers has been the cause of that. At some point, Algore will no doubt turn his formidable intellect towards determining that, in the end, the Mars Rovers and thus mankind has been at fault.

Climate change, yes. AGW is a religion which only accepts those who have drunk the Algore Kool-Aid.

Marc

msmall@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cha robh bàs fir gun ghràs fir!